The Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology was established in the year 1904. Initially, it offered education in courses like plumbing, commerce, craft, secretarial, cookery and engineering. In the year 1930, this institute merged with the Nelson College, providing several new vocational and part-time courses to the students. In the year 1971, Nelson Polytechnic became an independent technical institute. NMIT is a government-funded institution and is authorized by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. Presently, it offers courses in several disciplines, including arts, engineering, business, information technology, social sciences, writing, and tourism.
This institute has two campuses, situated in Blenheim and Nelson, New Zealand. The Nelson Campus, located in the center of the Nelson city, is nearby many shopping centers and entertainment spots. It provides many amenities to the students, including a sports court, parking facilities, accommodations, learning centers, and childcare facilities. Furthermore, this campus is open to the public and caters them with facilities such as the Beauty Zone and the Rata Room. The Marlborough Campus is home to programs like viticulture, wine-making, and aviation. Additionally, students can avail facilities such as cafes, wine research center, beauty salon and trade workshops. In the year 2006, the institute leased its Richmond Campus to Skills Update Training Institute.
Why study at NMIT?
- Approved programs
All qualifications are approved at the highest Category 1 standard by NZQA
- Award-winning facilities
Modern facilities including the award-winning Creative Industries building
Programs and Courses offered
- Master of Applied Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Graduate Diploma in Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in IT Security Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Business
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil Engineering)
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Graduate diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce