Southern Institute of Technology (SIT) (Māori: Te Whare Wānanga o Murihiku) is one of New Zealand’s largest institutes of technology, Established in 1971, SIT has since become famous for its Zero Fees Scheme. The scheme, which is open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, sees students save thousands of dollars on the cost of their tertiary education. The Institute is also renowned for the quality of its facilities and equipment.
SIT offers over 200 programmes in a range of academic, technical and professional subjects at postgraduate, graduate, bachelor, diploma and certificate levels. SIT is a member of the International Association of Universities.
Why you must choose
- SIT has four campuses, over 13,000 students and 180+ programmes
- SIT has the second largest International student body in the South Island
- SIT is renowned for the quality and nature of its facilities and equipment, with many programmes boasting industry-leading products
- Zero Fees Scheme(applicable for domestic students) has also meant SIT has been able to keep fees for international students low
- Zero Fees Scheme has been extended to international students, in the form of the Zero Fees English programme
Programs and Courses Offered
- Accounting & Finance
- Applied, Pure Sciences
- Architecture, Building
- Computer Science, IT
- Creative Arts & Design
- Health and Medicine
- Hotel Management & Hospitality